Saturday, October 4, 2014

September 20, 2014

I am in the hospital thinking that I will get to go home, but that is not going to happen today.  I began running a fever, and my blood sugars were not in control.  So, they are keeping me another night, and to be honest I am fine with  it because after this scary surgery I preferred to be close to help if I need it.  The fever was 101.6 and the blood sugars are in the 300's, so one more day, just one more day.  I was able to walk several times during the day and get in 3 liquid boosts in as well, so besides what was keeping me in the hospital, I was doing okay.

September 21, 2014

Woke up fever free, and blood sugars are in the 200's, so today is the day I get to go home!  They released me at 3pm, and the drive home was a little painful, every bump hurt but I am so glad to be going home.  The doctor sent me home with oxycodone for the pain, and I am not shy to take it, because to tell the truth pain hurts!  The nurses told me that if I am in pain that healing is more difficult.  My first night at home I was in the most pain during the night while I was trying to sleep!!  This went on for about 3 nights and then I called the surgical nurse and she told me that I shouldn't be laying flat, but no one told me.  They should have told me this when I was released from the hospital.  When I put more pillows to raise my head and I finally slept very comfortably. 


No comments:

Post a Comment